Create Elegant, Beautiful Designs in Drawing & Painting
Learn the secrets of the great artistic masters that have been hid from most artists for 150 years.
What we will be studying:
- You will first draw with graphite pencil, studies of the famous "Bargue" plates (Van Gough went through the plates 7 times to teach himself how to draw).
- You will begin to develop a visual memory & recall immediately, something artists were taught long ago, but in an easy, step-by-step method.
- You will progress to drawn studies of great Master lithographs.
- Than onto figure drawings.
- Anatomy will be sprinkled in, so as not to overwhelm you by studying it all at once.
- You will begin painting using only black & white to master application, seeing the large forms and modeling values. Your reference material will be plaster casts of great antique sculpture.
- Your color palette will slowly grow so you will become intimate with all of the capabilities of each color.
- You will learn about "Dead Color", Glazing, Scumbling, brush handling and paint consistencies.
- You will gain a solid understanding of each layer of paint, from surface preparation through varnishing, and the appropriate medium to be used at each stage of the painting.
- You will learn different paint applications, approaches and styles from history.